COVID-19 ALERT: Our inventory and pricing is adjusting daily from our suppliers.
Please call 866-666-6349 or email info@envidiy.com for current inventory and pricing.
WHAT IS MOLD? Mold is an organism that is present is most places, outdoors and indoors. It is a type of fungus that works to break down dead material and return nutrients to the environment. Mold grows by digesting plant or animal matter, such as leaves, wood, paper, dirt, and food and spreads by releasing tiny, lightweight spores that travel through the air. Mold grows quickly in moist dark spaces, such as basements, attics, and wet building materials.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THE MOLD IN MY HOME IS DANGEROUS? There are many different species of mold that can present in your home. There are 2 ways we offer to test if the mold you have is dangerous. Option 1: If the mold is not visible or accessible : Utilize our DIY Air Sampling Pump along with the Mold Air Sampling Cassettes. Option 2: Direct Surface SamplingUtilize our DIY Mold Surface Test Kit. The air sampling kit will provide you both with the type of mold present and the amount that is in the air you breathe. The direct surface sampling kit will only tell you the type of mold present and you must have access in order to sample.
HOW MUCH DOES MOLD REMOVAL COST? This tends to be different for every situation as many situations are unique in size, location and type. The national average for mold remediation in the US between $800 (very small project) -$4,000 (large project) depending on the amount of work needed to be done. You can expect to pay between $300-$700 per hour for most professionals. With an EnviDIY DIY Mold Remediation Kit the costs will always be low and transparent.
WHAT DO I NEED TO REMEDIATE MOLD SAFELY? An EnviDIY DIY Mold Remediation Kit will give you everything you need to take care of your mold issue by yourself. If there is any confusion as to which kit you need for your mold remediation project, send us an email or reference our instruction video What DIY Mold Kit do I Need? You can also visit our Mold Laws by State page to find out what laws (if any) your state has on mold remediation.
MOLD REMOVAL & REMEDIATION Before remediating mold (or any hazardous material) it is the utmost importance to keep the materials contained to prevent it from spreading throughout the rest of your home EnviDIY DIY Mold Remediation Kits (Mid-Level Home Protection Upgrade and Premium Home Protection Upgrade) will provide you with everything you need to accomplish this step.  Once a proper enclosure is established, keeping yourself and others around you safe, it is critical to use HEPA certified equipment to avoid breathing the mold spores during removal. Choosing the correct DIY Mold Removal Kit is based on where the mold is located and how large of an area is affected. Once the mold has been safely removed or encapsulated, it is important to remove the equipment from the working area without spreading contaminates throughout your home.
WHAT ARE SYMPTOMS OF MOLD EXPOSURE? Symptoms of a mold allergy are those typical of many other allergies. They can include:
  • Wheezing
  • Stuffy or runny nose
  • Itchy, watery eyes
  • Rash or hives
If you have a significant proven mold allergy, avoiding all exposure to mold may not be possible. However, you can reduce your risk of reaction by controlling the environment you live and work in.
WHAT IS SICK HOME SYNDROME? Most people spend well over 90% of their time indoors. In which case, indoor air is going to impact our health far more than outdoor air. The EPA informs us that 6 out of 10 homes and buildings are "sick", meaning they are hazardous to your health to occupy as a result of airborne pollutants.

A baby crawling on the floor may inhale the equivalent of four cigarettes a day, and is exposed to a multitude of pollutants, as a result of the off gassing of carpets, molds, mildews, fungi, dust mites, etc. You may experience eye, nose, and throat irritation, stuffiness, light headed, skin rashes, headaches, nausea, flu-like symptoms. Symptoms following exposure come and go fairly quickly -- you may notice them within an hour or two of entering a home, but also notice that they will be gone within an hour or two of leaving a building.
WHAT IS SICK BUILDING SYNDROME? Millions of people get up each morning feeling tired, but pretty much okay and it may remain that way until they actually get to the office. Once the building looms large in front of them, it begins. They feel sick then, or they begin to feel sick just after they arrive to work. What is it? Sick building syndrome (SBS) is used to describe situations in which building occupants experience acute health and comfort effects that appear to be linked to time spent in a building, but no specific illness or cause can be identified. Sick building syndrome, it has been suggested, could be caused by inadequate ventilation, chemical contaminants from indoor or outdoor sources, and/or biological contaminants. Many volatile organic compounds, which are considered chemical contaminants, can cause acute effects on the occupants of a building. "Bacteria, molds, pollen, and viruses are types of biological contaminants" and can all cause SBS.
HOW DO I PREVENT MOLD FROM COMING BACK? Mold is a plant, it likes humidity and water. So the key to preventing this fungus in your home or business is to control moisture levels, especially in areas that are moist or damp, such as on bathroom tiles, near sinks, in damp basements or crawl spaces, and areas around windows.
  • Continuously monitor for water leaks, water stains and water activity, upon discovery act immediately.
  • Monitor ventilation and blockage of ventilation periodically.
  • Monitor water drainage/gutters and blockage of water drainage/gutters periodically.
  • Maintain relative humidity at or below 55%, using proper ventilation or dehumidification where necessary.
  • Maintain proper housekeeping and areas free of clutter to promote proper air circulation.
  • Periodically change your furnace or whole-house filtration system and maintain/clean HVAC duct work.
DO I HAVE TOXIC BLACK MOLD? The term "toxic mold" is not accurate. While certain molds are toxigenic, meaning they can produce toxins (specifically mycotoxins), the molds themselves are not toxic, or poisonous. If there is ever a doubt, our DIY Environmental Testing Kits are easy and cost effective. Hazards presented by molds that may produce mycotoxins should be considered the same as other common molds which can grow in your house or business. There is always a little mold everywhere - in the air and on many surfaces. There are very few reports that toxigenic molds found inside homes can cause unique or rare health conditions such as pulmonary hemorrhage or memory loss. In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition.
Mold Removal Laws By State
WE PROVIDE CONSULTATION SERVICES
FOR ALL IN-HOME ENVIRONMENTAL REMEDIATION
LEARN MORE
PayPal CREDIT - No Payments + No Interest if paid in full within 6 months on purchases of $99 or more. Check out with PayPal and choose PayPal Credit.
Copyright © EnviDIY 2020 - All rights reserved
Web Design & SEO by Scriptable Solutions.